UltraTech Cement is one of India’s largest and a global leading manufacturer and distributor of Construction Solutions. UltraTech is part of the USD 45 billion Aditya Birla Group.
UltraTech has a very extensive channel of sales, both with its direct selling efforts and through stockists and distributors. However, with a goal to further enhance their marketing reach and explore the avenue of digital media as a driver for the sales of a commodity, UltraTech engaged Fountainhead Digital to run a performance-based campaign to this effect.
Fountainhead Digital ran a segmented Google AdWords campaign for seven of UltraTech’s product offerings:
- UltraTech Concrete – which finds application in large infrastructure projects
- UltraTech Cement – applicable across construction projects
- Birla White – specialty white cement
- UltraTech Seal & Dry – the leading waterproofing solution
- Birla White Wallcare Putty – wall protection and pre-painting applicator
- UltraTech Building Products – catering to multiple construction needs
- UltraTech Building Solutions- specialised services for home builders
These were targeted by geographic relevance, time of day and using a diverse set of keywords which would be typically used by potential users to search for the products.
To fight the competition for search visibility, and considering that many of these products were frequently searched even by audience who wouldn’t necessarily convert, we focussed our targeting efforts and keyword selection on the basis of the application of these products.
On clicking through, users were led to focussed, optimised landing pages, created specifically for each product offering, with supporting and substantiating content. This ensured that serious users saw clear value in the offering and were coaxed to submit their contact details qualifying as a lead.
The campaign was exceedingly successful, leading to hundreds of valid sales leads at a record low Cost per Lead of ₹ 457 (USD 7), across all seven products.
Surprisingly, UltraTech also received enquiries from two very large Indian infrastructural projects via the same channel.
- First of its kind
- Selling cement through search
- Record low Cost Per Lead